welcome to my blog!!!!

Thank you for dropping by....i will be blogging about my life in Devon by the sea-side, decorating my 1926 home, vintage treasure hunting from auctions, charity shops , recycling centres and the good old british car booty!! One mans rubbish is another mans treasure! baking, sewing, painting and probably the weather!!!! enjoy!
claireljinks@hotmail.com


Monday 12 May 2014

Less twee more me!

 Just moved into a new much smaller house and need to put my own stamp on it......I love, LOVE, LOVE flowers...but thought that my bedroom was looking rather twee......So I decided to be brave and attempt a colour..... and not just any colour ........gulp....black!!!!!!
 All through the first coat I was thinking ....what have I done and a lesser mortal would have run screaming for the white paint...even the hubster walked in and went "Oh GOD!"
 But I stayed with my "vision" and was convinced that once I put my "bits" back it would look nice......
 And I think it has...has made both my mini bunting, and crocheted bunting and my floral pictures POP!




I hope it's worked.....and I hope you all like it too!!! It now looks a lot less like a flower fairy has come in and upchucked everywhere.....given it a more contemporary edge..... and it is only on one wall...the rest of the room is light and bright and white!

2 comments:

i love hearing from other bloggers and try to answer every comment x