welcome to my blog!!!!

Thank you for dropping by....i will be blogging about my life in Devon by the sea-side, decorating my 1926 home, vintage treasure hunting from auctions, charity shops , recycling centres and the good old british car booty!! One mans rubbish is another mans treasure! baking, sewing, painting and probably the weather!!!! enjoy!
claireljinks@hotmail.com


Wednesday 24 July 2013

We're Jammin....


Have caught the Jam making bug.....
Have made quite a few flavours over the last week or so....

Here are preparations for my wild honeysuckle jam....very labour intensive for very little jam...BUT...what a jam tastes of golden flowers and sunshine.....
Elderflower jam next....another labour intensive jam as the blooms need to soak for almost a week in the fridge but stunning flavour...
Here are the honeysuckle petals soaking...
Foraged blooms......

Wild honeysuckle jam.....
Foraged wild cherries.....I made a cherry beer jam with wild cherries with this little lot...

I have also made an Earl Grey tea jam, which my daughter Poppy has gone mad over and this week plan to make some Lavender Jam and Strawberry and nettle jam .....I have the jam making bug alright! Any of you lovely lades making jam?

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love hearing from other bloggers and try to answer every comment x