welcome to my blog!!!!

Thank you for dropping by....i will be blogging about my life in Devon by the sea-side, decorating my 1926 home, vintage treasure hunting from auctions, charity shops , recycling centres and the good old british car booty!! One mans rubbish is another mans treasure! baking, sewing, painting and probably the weather!!!! enjoy!
claireljinks@hotmail.com


Monday 25 February 2013

Learning to Crochet

Have been practicing my crochet this week...
Collars are a nice easy project for the beginner....
They only took me a few hours to complete.....
And they are very economical..
I purchased this ball of 100% cotton from The Factory Shop for £1.50 ....
And there is enough yarn to easily make two collars if not three...just right for practicing....
I downloaded and printed out this pattern off the Internet...
Here is the address if you want to have a go....
Made a gray one in some odd wool I had lying around....I love the red button....
My daughter now wants me to make her a few and some for my grandaughters x x x. And I think I will be wearing a few!
Had a purple chintz moment to accompany my crochet exploits and brighten up a cold wintry day x.

3 comments:

  1. Those collars are amazing, especially for a beginner! Love the chintz.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look rather smart!
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those collars are gorgeous brilliant infact for a beginner. I love the black one it looks gorgeous with the red button. Have fun, dee xx

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from other bloggers and try to answer every comment x