welcome to my blog!!!!

Thank you for dropping by....i will be blogging about my life in Devon by the sea-side, decorating my 1926 home, vintage treasure hunting from auctions, charity shops , recycling centres and the good old british car booty!! One mans rubbish is another mans treasure! baking, sewing, painting and probably the weather!!!! enjoy!
claireljinks@hotmail.com


Tuesday 13 December 2011

Hello!

Hello everyone....its been a long time since i have blogged....my life has changed since I last wrote on here...my hands are back to normal after four operations and my eldest daughter and her family have moved to the next village!!! I have a lot less time on my hands...I am going to try and blog weekly at the very least from now on.
It has been sooooooo wonderful to get back to making things...like this lovely plum cake.
I have painted this set of canvases for my grandaughters room.............
And started making cake stands from vintage plates but just have to find somewhere to sell them!!!
Lots of people in my family will be getting a cake stand for Christmas... whether they like it or not lol!

I usually have a gold and red tree in my front room.....but this year decided to swap them with the decorations i have in my dining room, which are vintage and homemade.As the tree is much bigger and I have no pennies to buy more vintage baubles I had to get creative and made some mini bunting made from vintage fabrics.....I also made some to hang in the window.

The bunting went wonderfully with the scrabble ornaments I made last year.


Here is a close up of the bunting.....
And a picture of the tree as I put it on...I adore it...what do you all think???



And here is my finished tree....I am looking forward to seeing everyone else's trees .


3 comments:

  1. Its lovely to see you back! I had wondered what had happen to you.
    I love your painted pictures and cakes stands, and I love the bunting round the tree.
    Julie xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire-Louise, FAB TREE! The bunting is great. Love all the china and your paintings are wonderfull.You and yours have a Great Christmas. Love Nettie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear you are well and your hands are better to ;-)) I love your cakestands they are gorgeous your family are going to be so lucky. You tree and bunting look adorable what a sweet idea. And the plum cake looks yummy. Have a wonderful xmas, dee x

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from other bloggers and try to answer every comment x