welcome to my blog!!!!

Thank you for dropping by....i will be blogging about my life in Devon by the sea-side, decorating my 1926 home, vintage treasure hunting from auctions, charity shops , recycling centres and the good old british car booty!! One mans rubbish is another mans treasure! baking, sewing, painting and probably the weather!!!! enjoy!
claireljinks@hotmail.com


Saturday 4 September 2010

Teacups Galore!!!!!

Hello peeps long time no see, I have been rushed off of my feet!!! As I live by the sea-side I have had lots and lots of visitors this summer holiday. In fact we have had 19 people staying in six weeks!! I am pooped!!!!!!
Finally I have had a bit of time to blog!!! Here are pictures of the batch of china that my mother sent down from Wiltshire!!! I was so excited unwrapping it all!
First out of the bags was this beautiful set of rosy trios.......



Delish!!!!

A beautiful rose cup emerged next, don't you just love the little rose spray inside!


I am just a sucker for a rose!!!!
So I was very happy when the next four cups were smothered in roses ....
Beautiful...they look fifties to me......but if anyone knows better let me know!!!
Mother has such a good eye!!!
Next came this very unusual daffodil set........four trios
And sugar bowl and milk jug........very dainty!

A beautiful cake plate....with wild flowers......love the blue bells!!!!

This cute little milk jug and sugar bowl with lid......so charming!!!
I squealed when I saw this lovely tea pot.........................a four cupper!
And this beautiful little two cupper!!!!!!
Unfortunately I cannot keep any of these beauties as my collection is REALLY getting out of hand ...so if you fall in love with anything you see here e-mail me x x x x
Mother sent me down a lovely serving plate to keep and I got a fantastic 6ft embriodered tablecloth of of my son and family....and hubby came home with one of the most beautiful rosy cake plates I have ever seen, so i will take pics tomrrow along with some more treasures I have found......see you soon x x x x

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing collection. I love rosy patterns too but the daffodil set is really pretty and unusual. Unfortunately I have no room for any more at the moment.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the lovely comment annie......i have so much china its now clogging the house up!!! i am opening an etsy shop this week so i will see how it goes....i hope it takes off as i love buying china!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful china! Wishing you lots of luck with your Etsy shop too!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from other bloggers and try to answer every comment x