welcome to my blog!!!!

Thank you for dropping by....i will be blogging about my life in Devon by the sea-side, decorating my 1926 home, vintage treasure hunting from auctions, charity shops , recycling centres and the good old british car booty!! One mans rubbish is another mans treasure! baking, sewing, painting and probably the weather!!!! enjoy!
claireljinks@hotmail.com


Thursday 22 July 2010

Cake stands II

I have been playing around with the idea of making cake stands........here is a selection of china and glasses I have stacked on top of each other......


Its a bit of a trial and error........there are so many combinations......

The family were of no real help as we all liked something different.......



The better half and my youngest daughter Poppy like the reserved matching stands without the cups on top.............. I love the cups....imagine scones on the bottom, strawberries on the middle and the cup with jam or cream in!!!!



I like them the more mis-matched the better!!! This one is my favourite with the two little flowery vases instead of glasses. I am not going to glue the cups on as I thinks it makes it more versatile




After waiting for the special glue to arrive via E-Bay I started !!!! My mantelpiece is covered with drying cake stands......will have to wait until Saturday to see if its worked!!!!



What do you think of them?


No comments:

Post a Comment

i love hearing from other bloggers and try to answer every comment x